|HR Assistant - up to £25,000
The purpose of the HR Assistant is to join our global HR team and provide key assistance on both HR and Immigration activities. This role will provide employee and immigration lifecycle assistance, tracking and documentation, global employee pre-screening and vetting, support in our global annual employee engagement survey and activities, update and maintain all HR and learning and development portals, create and run monthly and quarterly HR reports, along with People analytics activities and supporting with the creation and development of a learning culture.
The role will have a mixture of pro-active and re-active tasks, ranging from day to day HR documentation, data management and reporting, assisting the Global HRD, Global HRM and Global HR Advisor, responding to employee HR, learning and development and policy queries, tracking immigration activities, drafting HR and visa letters, maintaining our HR database, data tracking and projects. This role will provide support to recruitment activities as and when required, and support on all compliance activities in the HR and Payroll team.
|• Update and maintain SmartHR.
• Support with tracking of the global employee relations activities.
• Issue all new employee contracts and arrange inductions.
• Support global immigration administration, support the Global HR Advisor.
• Monitor, track and review global employee probations, escalate when required to HR Advisor.
• Co-ordinate all vetting and re-vetting activities, reporting on SmartHR and escalating to Global HR Manager when required.
• Support in Global employee survey, data reporting and agreed objectives.
• Monitor, track and review global employee attendance levels and leave, carry out monthly Bradford factor reports and escalate when require to HR Advisor.
• Produce monthly and quarterly HR reports, to include absence, KPI’s, etc and any other adhoc reports.
• Monitor the Global HR inbox and responding to queries, escalating when required.
• Monitor HR GDPR requirements and deliver on agreed activities.
• Support in the maintenance and review of HR policies and guides.
• Support in the creation of checklists to help standardise HR practices and manager guides.
• Become a Sage People super user and monitor all ‘cases’, system adaptations and updates.
• Support with the annual performance review program, objective progression and reporting.
• Support HR Administrator in the creation and maintaining of all employee digital files, ensuring archiving of leavers and cleansing of information held in line with the Data Protection Act/GDPR.
• Manage and support leaver process and exit interview process, produce reports and diary management for HRM and HR Advisor.
• Support HR Administrator on the global contractor engagement project.
• Support the HR team with all additional HR administration requirements.
• Any other duties as required.
• Keep up-to-date with the latest HR trends and best practice.
|• Good working knowledge and experience in HR administration
• Awareness of UK employment law
• Able to work in a fast paced and constantly changing business environment
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills essential
• Excellent accuracy with data input and attention to detail
• Experience in working effectively to meet deadlines
• Fluent in English
• Excellent organisational skills
• An interest in global HR and immigration
|• Working knowledge of current legislation – HR and Immigration
• Working knowledge of Sage People
• Previous experience of global HR / global immigration
|• Above average literacy and numeracy
• Good standard of formal education (A level preferred)
• CIPD qualification/working towards or have an interest in - desirable
|• Previous UK HR administration experience (Essential)|
|• Free onsite parking
• 25 days annual leave rising to 28 with length of service.
• Annual Holiday scheme also lets you `roll over' up to a maximum of 10 days into the next year helping you to take full advantage of your holiday entitlement.
• Company pension scheme matching up to 5% of salary - Additionally, you can choose to make your contributions via Salary Sacrifice, which allows you to save on National Insurance Contributions as well as Income Tax.
• Group Life Assurance - As part of your core benefit package from SmartStream you are entitled to up to 9 times your annual basic salary
• Group Income Protection, up to 75% of salary
• Private Medical Insurance, up to family cover